Back a number of years ago while co-chair of Barack Obama’s National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming called senior citizens the Greediest Generation. He compared Social Security to a milk cow with 310 million teats.
Below is a letter written in response by an anonymous farmer in Montana:
As a career politician, you have been on the public tit for FIFTY YEARS.
I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.
Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67.
I and millions of other Americans have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.
I and millions of other Americans have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why?
Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” on your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
Our system is being bankrupted by free services including medical care to illegal aliens—they get free care every day 365 days a year. But you, your family, and friends have to pay as my friend’s mom just did even though she is on Medicare—$450 for medicine for a life-threatening illness.
Let’s look at how illegal aliens are bankrupting all of us and eroding our, and I mean OUR system (because we worked our whole lives and put the money in to make The System). Illegals take out and NEVER put in.
- Each clinic in the U.S. gives out $1,000 worth of medication every day to illegals. Let’s say there are 50 illegals per day getting these medications at each clinic. That equals $50,000/day x 5 days per week, which equals $350,000. Multiply that by 50 weeks/year. That equals $17,500,000 spent per year—and that’s for just one clinic!
- Let’s say there are 50 clinics for each state. $17,500,000 times 50 clinics equals $875,000,000 per state. Multiply that by 50 states—That’s $43 billion spent in the U.S. just for medications for illegals. And that is very conservative.
- Now add in the 5 million illegals who drop a baby as soon as they get into our country. 5 million times $5,000 (no complications) to $25,000 to $50,000 (complications, premature baby care, baby operations for heart, limb, or digestive tract problems, etc.). Let’s take an average of $15,000 per birth times 5 million. That’s $75 billion per year!
Your money that you worked for and paid into the system has funded illegal aliens who have paid nothing into our system. These illegal aliens only take from our system while sending tens of billions of dollars home to their countries. These under-the-table cash wages sent home are documented to account for $20 billion per year sent to Mexico.
- $43 billion for drugs plus $75 billion for births—That’s $118 billion for just one year!
- Multiply that by 20 years and you get $2.4 trillion!
- This does not include doctor visits or hospital care, which would probably triple the cost each year (as much as $500 billion per year), or over $7 trillion over 20 years!
I have worked out the numbers for Medicare and Social Security. That’s even more disturbing, because we each put into those programs for decades on top of paying income taxes. Those numbers are not included here!